Youth Programs and activities exist to serve newcomer Permanent Resident youth with the support of local community organizations and funders.
The Youth Program is designed to help young newcomers integrate into their new home in Saint John and the surrounding area. The program allows youth to form friendships, attend recreational opportunities, experience cross cultural exchanges, receive language support and have volunteer opportunities with The SJMNRC!
Our Youth Program was created to help bridge the gap between the newcomer youth and all the city of Saint John has to offer. The Canadian Experience Program is available to give newcomer youth a true introduction to living in Canada in the language of their choice.
Requirements of the Youth Program are:
- Permanent Residents (who havenít become Canadian citizens)
- Protected persons under Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), and Convention Refugees (as per Citizenship Immigration Canada, CIC)
- Eight to eighteen (8 to 18) years of age (some activities may not have an age requirement; contact the youth program coordinator for more information)
- Meet with the SJMNRC Youth Program Officer and sign up to become a client with the SJMNRC Youth Program; you can then choose from multiple activities
- Come with parents to sign up for activities
- Learn to skate
- Learn to swim
- Summer camps
- March Break Fun Week
- Training and learning sessions
- Seasonal activities
If you want more information about our youth services please contact Stacy Wang at email@example.com or call her at (506) 642-1201.